Franchisee satisfaction, industry leadership honors add to an award-winning year for one of the fastest-growing pizza franchises around
This has been a great year for Marco’s Pizza and our franchisees. We’ve been winning awards and ranking on best-of lists throughout 2017 in numerous categories: for our franchise opportunity, for our guest experience and for our franchisee satisfaction.
Most recently, we’re excited to be named one of Franchise Business Review’s Top Franchise Opportunities for 2017. FBR compiles this list based solely on feedback from “the real franchise experts” – franchisees.
Our commitment to franchisee satisfaction begins at the very top of our organization. Chairman and CEO Jack Butorac received a pair of prestigious honors from industry publication Nation’s Restaurant News, as he was named both a Golden Chain Award winner and the 2017 Operator of the Year. Our franchise team is devoted to helping our franchisees grow through efficient operations, robust marketing support and hands-on training, and those efforts are working.
“Marco’s has undertaken an aggressive growth strategy to get on the map in the highly competitive restaurant business,” writes NRN’s Jonathan Maze. “The company’s system-wide sales grew 45 percent between 2014 and 2016, earning it a spot among the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the U.S., according to NRN Top 200 data.”
These most recent accolades join a number of other honors from this year:
- America’s favorite pizza chain, according to a Market Force consumer survey.
- #38 on the 2017 Entrepreneur Franchise 500, and the top-ranked pizza franchise on the list.
- Fastest-growing pizza franchise in both sales and units in NRN’s 2017 Top 100.
- Ranked #3 on Franchise Gator’s 2017 Top 100 Franchises, and #30 on their 2017 Fastest-Growing Franchises.
- One of Franchise Times’ Top 200 Franchises.
- #3 on Military Times’ list of 2017 Best Franchises for Veterans.
- #6 on Entrepreneur’s Top 150 Franchises for Veterans.
How we align with our franchisees
Nothing is more important to us than working with our franchisees to achieve our shared goals: serving guests and growing the business.
“You have to be aligned. Management has to be aligned. The franchise community has to be aligned,” Butorac told Nation’s Restaurant News. “It’s not me, it’s the whole team. It’s a group effort. We are all aligned.”
And that’s a formula for success. We’ve grown into one of the largest pizza franchises in the country, with more than 800 units in more than 30 states, thanks to our franchise team, franchise owners and their employees working hard to deliver a product we can all be proud of.
“You’re just proud because it’s kind of like making your own food at home,” says Cincinnati-area franchisee Brian Fairbanks. “It tastes better when you make it this way.”
And our satisfied franchisees have more than their food to be proud of. They excel in so many different ways, from employees who worked their way up to store ownership, to those who’ve perfected the balance of work and family, to those who pay it forward by developing their employees into the next generation of entrepreneurs.
We like to help them celebrate their successes, through events like our annual convention and awards ceremony, and also by sharing their stories with potential new franchisees like you. We encourage you to reach out directly to current franchisees as part of your investigation process, but to get you started, here are a few recent success stories:
- Franchisee of the Year and multi-unit owner Joe Jaros.
- Multi-unit owner, brand ambassador, area representative and district manager Ashley Jones, recently featured in Working Mother magazine.
- Multi-unit Cincinnati-area franchisee Brian Fairbanks.
- Area representative and multi-unit owner Leo Thomas, recently featured in Black Enterprise magazine.
Even with as many successful franchisees as we have, there are still available franchise territories with both single-unit and multi-unit opportunities, including in many prime territories where the competition is saturated.